Saturday, June 02, 2007

Space

I just learned how to use AutoHotKey. When I blog, adding a link is a quick click, but to make it open in a new window, so that you don't lose your old page, my this sentence is getting long, I have to add, or is it you have to add, the phrase 'target="_blank"' (thanks, Dave) between a and href. I know it's only a few seconds, but it wouldn't ever flow from my brain to my fingertips. I knew what macros were (keyboard shortcuts), but I didn't know how to build them. Now, instead of typing target="_blank", I just hold down the windows key and 'b' at the same time, and it prints target="_blank".

It took me awhile to figure out the correct sequence to produce the space required after target="_blank",

%A_Space%

but after googling, trial and error, and subsequent success; at which point I threw my hands in the air,... as if CoCo had just thrown strike three after starting the batter 0-2, and running the count full. Relief, as it were, not exactly joy. I knew it could be done, I knew it would be easy, I knew I would figure it out,... it just
w a s n ' t
q u i t e
r i g h t
. . . THERE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home