Sunday, June 03, 2007

Successful electronics project

A laptop computer was a bite too big.
Simple electronics projects, combined with a bit of particular ingenuity seems to be me forte.
As per usual, I start with the assumption that if it can be done, I can do it. Then I begin, and I realize that the project is more complicated than I thought.
A few months ago I conjectured that I could print a picture on a transparency with our name and city on it and backlight it for a camper sign. I figured I would need a bright white LED instead of an incandescent bulb so as not to burn the cellophane. Two weeks ago, I bought the LED for 5 bucks. I also got a 10 pack of transparencies.
This morning I googled the simple LED circuit, did the math for my diode. I culled used parts from old mechanisms in the garage, used leftover materials, and voila:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home