Saturday, December 01, 2007

Holy Smokes

'Tis been awhile.
Hunted opening weekend with Dad, Don & Doug at the shack. Good times, no deer.





A few days of work, then hunted Thanksgiving (Dad got an eight-pointer on that Wednesday).




Watched the Packers game on Mom & Dad's new 42" HDTV.



Hunted Saturday & Sunday.






Returned to the truck to head home Sunday afternoon. First one back. As I waited for the close of the season, and Dad & Doug to return, a deer appeared. I bagged it. A moderate-sized nubbin' buck. Venison.





Phil & I and our sons and dogs went into the woods today, to get a load of firewood before the expected foot of snow falls.









Kayla and Jamie are making Christmas cookies as we decorate the Christmas tree. (Our Plum Creek permit is for harvested tree tops and wind-downs. The lumbermen had knocked over a lot of spruce and balsam this fall. I found a nice spruce, checked to see that the needles held, and sure enough, another way to procure a Christmas tree.)






3 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Nice, Bernie,
You certainly know how to use all the tricky little perks of this system. I clicked on the pictures and got a slide show. Hope the cookies turned out well. The tree looks nice and increases the holiday anticipation.

7:47 PM, December 02, 2007  
Blogger Bernie said...

I think that slideshow has to do with a recent Windows update. My pictures started opening differently, also. And I'm getting pictures in the slideshow from I-don't-know-where.

8:06 PM, December 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics. Bernie. Love the kids, they are looking so much older these days. Ha, just try and stop em, eh?
That one pic. of the coffee cup, gun butt, and sunrise is a clasic! I'd say the TV stations sports depts. would love to have this to show. I bet you could even enter it into competetions like some of those annual photo contests.
dad

10:29 AM, December 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home