Sunday, October 04, 2009

Gaining yards

Got my first electric guitar in the last couple of weeks, played with Dan a couple of times - Kayla sat in on drums during one set. Jamie switched from violin to trumpet this fall. He has musical instinct - he remembers melodies very well, and is very interested in the guitar, too. Michaela remembers chords on the guitar, plays a consistent rhythm on drums, but seems to have more passion with the vocals - she really likes her school chorus.



Jamie split his last two football games. They've got a good team, not standout players - just guys working together to move the ball down the field and stop the other guys. Michaela had an overnight lock-in with the gymnastics team on Friday. She tells me she's completing new skills every week that she wasn't last year. Jamie, Kayla, Sami and Logan stayed over last night. We baked cupcakes, watched a movie, played spoons, and while I was grilling - they found Terabithia (apparently it's a muddy place.)







Today I, J, & K did a little geocaching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

It's very nice to hear about the kids' activities and talents. You're a good dad.

11:06 PM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger lacherie_17 said...

Stopping by your blog to return the favor! Thanks for reading mine!

I'm pretty musical too--I sing, and I'm hoping that my son gains some sort of musical talent too. It sounds like you're a great dad! I'm glad you made the wise decision to not mix that Powerade with vodka--I'm sure it tastes disgusting.

Thanks for stopping by the blog, have a good weekend too:) (dum dum dum, lol)
Lashawn

7:59 AM, October 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home