Sunday, October 04, 2009

It's a musical journey

Sometimes,...

... sometimes music just takes you away. I know that sounds like a cliche, but music pushes our buttons. Music is a reprogramming of our circuits. The simultaneous flip of a multitude of switches that throws open a curtain, washes a blue light over us, flashes a cold wind through the room, sharpens our senses or dulls the din of the chaos all around. There's usually a baseline, maybe the tss, tss, tss of a high-hat, or - when I'm full of energy and motion - a full recording of a song that's playing in the back of the room of my mind. And this idea of music, what it is I cannot say, something that has enveloped me so fully throughout my life - is such a mystery to me. Yet, even now; it is strengthening. Whether I am taking more control of the music that I feel, or I am becoming a more pure conduit of the music of the universe, I know not. But this is one heck of a ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eileen said...

Ride on, son. Your channels are clear and the dance has just begun.

11:09 PM, October 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home