I overestimated myself.
About 5 years ago, I changed the brake pads on the Geo. I learned how online, and since I figure if someone else can do something, so can I. Just maybe not as well at first, and if I practice, I can do better.
I knew brakes would be due on the Tundra soon, so I checked a few DIY sites last winter, and saved the links. Then, when the mechanic told me this spring that I should replace the brake pads this summer, I went and got some pads at the parts store.
And this weekend, I planned to get 'er done. A couple hours should do it.
After 5 1/2 hours today, I got one side done. I almost gave up a few times. But after consulting my storehouse of the knowledge of physics, leverage, tools and what-not, I pushed on.
Now I'm sore, and it's late, and I'm only half done. But I think tomorrow will go smoother - I won't have the hesitancy at each step that I had today. Today I established the learning curve, tomorrow I ride it.
So I will have a shower and a couple of beers, dinner and a movie, and hopefully my muscles will be good to go for round two tomorrow.