Sunday, December 23, 2007

Perseverance, through it, we reach higher ground

It was busy at work these last two weeks. But I tried to stay consistent through it. As more of my time was taken by Speedee, some things were squeezed out. Sorry to my readers, but this report was one. Our home and family continued along, just a little less leisure time. We've started to catch up already.

Friday night we had an informal Christmas party as the drivers returned in the evening. Saturday afternoon I took Jamie, Kayla, and the VonOepen kids to National Treasure - Book of Secrets. And last night Shelly and I went to Nero's, a contemporary Italian cuisine restaurant in Eagle River, for her birthday.

With the Packers and homemade cookies, we're relaxing indoors today, as the snow falls (10-14 inches expected).

So we made it through the hard work to enjoy the rewards. It was a fairly controlled procedure, and I am thankful for that. It may have been difficult, but there was no fear, pain, or death. On this side of my simple, measured hardship, I can see, from my relaxed vantage point, that I am quite lucky. I will take pride in my accomplishments, I will rejoice in my healthy, learning, growing, continually changing (and that is a difficult, yet beautiful thing - the essence of life) family. But I will remember that I am one soul in this community, society, world. I will enjoy my life, but I will know that there are greater hardships than mine. I am in a stable position, and I can reach down and help someone else up. We are teaching our children to be strong, and hopefully they will remain on firm ground, and someday, they will be able to help others up. My contributions may not be large, but I am trying to give more than I take.

A child was once born into hardship. He lived a humble life. And He gave what He could.

Well, after all that, all I planned on doing was posting this article about Koren Robinson. Reading this story about him inspired me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice words,beef

3:49 PM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice kr story,jeeves

3:57 PM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatsoever limits one mayever conceive, do see, that limits reversed ,less l, = stimi...thus, "limit"'s true being....booyah

4:08 PM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did ya ever dance with the maccau by the pale moon lite?

4:14 PM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good prepastories and herphonamores---keep triulukking...inventing a new language is fun...

4:25 PM, December 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw a grey wolf in oregon coast range today---they're supposedly very scarce in oregon, but i indeed saw one looking back at us across a field as we explored a bit of the countryside--too big to be a coyote--awesome sight--never seen one in the wild! t-bone

4:32 PM, December 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home