Sunday, February 21, 2010

Algebra

If all art aspires to the condition of music, all the sciences aspire to the condition of mathematics. - George Santayana

By finding this quote, which equates two ideas which I hold in parallel esteem, I have embarked on a new study. I will learn of this man and his ideas.

And I began my research on the interwebs ;)

And I found that one of three copies of the critical edition of his autobiography held by public libraries in Wisconsin resided on the sixth floor of the Cofrin Library on the campus of the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay. So Jamie and Logan and I went to find the book - along with a couple of geocaches in the area.

From reading the first section of the introduction, I am enjoying learning the way he thought.

I love me some wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home