Sunday, February 07, 2010

Ball hog

Okay. I want to follow the Milwaukee Bucks.

But I cannot stand that they are just part of David Stern's Sims empire.

For far too long, this man has orchestrated this major sports association as an investment portfolio. And it is - for 30 particular billionaires. But why should I invest my merchandise dollars - and the heart of a true sports fan - in a no-return con?

All these men, with their enviable athletic skills, earned through a lifetime of hard work, are just six-foot-plus pawns. I love the sport of basketball. From father and son HORSE, through teenagers showing off their adolescent energy, to the cream-of-the-crop mega-season of 10,000 games which belongs to the First Division of NCAA Basketball - we challenge each other - my skill-set against yours. Until we reach the boatman, David Stern. He demands one coin - your sporting soul - if you want to enter his league.

And so we have a new equation,

NBA+D.S.=WWF

And tonight, a hundred million people who enjoy a good challenge will watch another sport. The Colts look very good, but you know that the Saints have a chance.

Which is more than sportsfans have with David Stern leading the NBA.

[note(3/7/10): just found the clip of the play that inspired my rant, though I've felt for quite awhile that the NBA leans too far towards show and away from sport.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home