Sunday, August 22, 2010

Awakening

This morning, when I awakened, I made an idea real for myself.

My realization: that there is one level, or stage, of sleep in which the sleeper notices the bright light of morning, and another in which he does not.

It is the weekend, with no concrete plans, so I was prepared to awaken without haste. And with my mind set to a slower pace, I seem to be noticing things in a greater depth.

I think it's very important to train oneself to be able to adjust the speed/depth relationship between one's mind and one's reality. There are times when we must be on high alert, maybe not for jungle cats, but for possible hazards and problems at work or while driving a car - situations that may injure us or slow our path through life towards that which we want to attain.

And related to our ability to control the processing rate/quality of life ratio, I believe we must also train ourselves to be continually zooming in and out. Notice the big things for the vast, beautiful complexity of this interconnected life we are a part of, but don't forget - in that same instance - to notice the tiniest exquisite details of the particles of the pieces of the part and parcel of that greater whole.

And this is related to to my philosophy of duality and multiplicity. When we come upon something that we don't understand, we don't just stand there and wonder what to do (the jungle cat would have caught us.) We fill in the blank with our best guess and move on. But - now hold on to your hats - sometimes we're wrong. It's not worth the time and hassle to reevaluate every decision we make, but keep yourself open to feedback - that's how we learn. And since these points where we are filling in the blanks are places in our lives where we don't have the answer, we probably could learn a little there.

And the duality and multiplicity? Oftentimes, the choice we make is only in our minds. Keep your mind open to as many interpretations as possible, until you are forced to make a choice. This requires a lot of processing power, this is a complex equation. But with training, one can balance.

I don't know the answers to who is God? what is existence? But I am always improving my position to get a better perspective upon this life. I'm gonna get as much out of this life as I can.

I guess I had a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home